So, you can imagine that since we have switched gears from "sell it all so we can fly around the world" to "let's outfit an RV to drive to South America" that we are in need of acquiring some items that we used to have but no longer own. Yes, this does seem a bit backward but we also know that getting rid of everything was the beginning of our new lives as minimalist travelers. We have learned a lot and are in a different place now.... with a different goal in mind.
We we are scouring the Goodwill (second hand shops) stores in our area and greatly anticipating the coming of Garage Sale season! Just in case you have one or more of these items laying around and in need of re-homing, here is the list of things we still need for the RV.
If we see you regularly and you run across a great find at a yard sale...text me (just to make sure we haven't already acquired it and I will probably give you the thumbs up to buy for us!)
- plates/cups/bowls - 2 of each, can be random/unmatched but we would prefer melamine (lightweight and unbreakable) for plates/bowls, bpa-free plastic for cups - 16 oz
- cookie sheet - 2, prefer air bake
- beach towels - 6
- binoculars - 1
- camping chairs - 6
- can opener - 1
- cheese grater - 1, large tent shaped
- colander - 1, med to large
- corkscrew - 1
- cutting boards, 2
- dish drain pad and drying rack - 1 of each
- dish pans, 2
- dish towels
- dust pan
- extension cords - 2, outdoor at least 25 ft.
- fly swatter - 2
- glass 9x13 - 2
- glass loaf pan - 1
- hammock chair - 1
- hand vac - 1
- hot pads/trivets - 6
- kitchen scissors - 1
- kitchen utensils: soup ladel - 1, flipper - 2, pasta spoon - 1, tongs - 1, peeler - 1, large serving spoon - 2
- large tray, for carrying food from the camper to the table outside - 1
- measuring cups/spoons - 1 set of each
- mixing bowls - 1 set nesting bowls
- muffin tin - 1
- pencil sharpener - 1, prefer electric
- pots/pans - need 1 large frying pan, 1-5qt-ish soup pot, 1 small sauce pan - all with lids
- rugs - 2, a 4' x 5' and a 6' x 8'
- sharp knives - 4, 2 paring knives, 1 serrated knife, 1 chef's knife
- small casserole dish - 1, 8"x8"
- small fan - 1, desktop sized
- small trash can - 1, office size
- table cloth - 2, for picnic table, cloth or plastic wipeable
- bath towels - 6
- umbrellas - 2 large golf sized OR 1 large golf sized and 4 kids sized (because its just fun!)
We greatly appreciate any help you can give us in locating these items in the next month!
Let the yard sales begin!